DNV-GL (part of Det Norske Veritas) is focusing on its core business and therefore they are outsourcing facility management services to Coor.
Focus on core business
Focusing on the core business is imperative for DNV-GL, and facility management just isn't part of that. In 2005, DNV-GL therefore decided to outsource FM-services.
- We realised that someone else could do this much better and more efficiently, says Torolf Aadnesen, Head of Corporate Finance, Pensions and Real Estate in DNV-GL.
After a thorough evaluation of the alternative providers of facility management services DNV-GL finally settled on Coor.
- They represent the business concept and the corporate culture we were looking for in a long-term partner, explains Aadnesen.
A successfull cooperation
Mr Aadnesen views the collaboration as a success.
- For us, having a supplier that understands our ideas and needs, and is able to adjust to them, is critical. Coor has skilled and experienced people that we can have productive dialogues with, says Aadnesen.
Cost reductions, improvements and development
When asked how Coor has made a difference, Mr Aadnesen cites significant cost reductions and higher-quality services.
- In addition, our ambition was to take care of the people coming from our internal facility management unit and give them additional opportunities and to capitalise on their potential. We've have achieved all of this. Coor is innovative and resourceful and do continuously strive to improve what's not perfect. We've achieved all the goals we aimed for when we decided to outsource the facility management to Coor.
Competences and knowledge sharing
As DNV-GL enters its third contract, Mr Aadnesen shares this reflection:
- Coor has a great benefit in having the experience, knowledge and organisational resources to transfer best practice from one contract to another and from one country to another. They have the ability to systematise experiences and turn it into an advantage for the customer.
Coor is innovative and resourceful and do continuously strive to improve what's not perfect. We've achieved all the goals we aimed for when we decided to outsource the facility management to Coor.Torolf Aadnesen Head of Corporate Finance, Pensions and Real Estate in DNV-GL
About the DNV-GL assignment
After teaming up in 2005, the contract has been prolonged a several times. The contract consists of services within property services area (hard FM) to buidlings to DNV-GL´s head office in Høvik/Oslo with 84,000 m2 of office space, as well as spectacular and beautiful park area around the buildings at Høvik/Oslo.